A much for relaxed week, maybe. Comparatively. (To last week) I had to acquire a Washington State driver's license to renew the tabs on my car. I went with a friend so the experience wasn't totally annoying. I learned that making appointments for this kind of thing makes it 100x faster back when I lived in California. My friend and I even made it a little fun by wearing the same shirt to take our license photos in. It's an ugly 2000s spraypainted thing that we both love. Our whole house needs license replacements soon so we think that it'd be funny if we all had the same shirt on in our photos. I also got my new COVID-19 Vax and am currently in the throes of the aching and soreness that comes with it (not as bad as my first COVID-19 shot back in 2021(?)).
To cap off my weekend I went to the Stardew Symphony in the lovely Benaroya Hall here in Seattle. Our group of friends had grabbed tickets a long while ago and it was just as fun as I thought. Definitely a lot of people though, it was happening at the same time as ECCC (Emerald City Comic Con) so anywhere we stopped afterward to have dinner was also slammed. A little obnoxious but we found somewhere to hunker down and had a good night. Doing my taxes has been on my mind lately...I'll probably need to get to that soon.
Week 9: Recovering a Sense of Compassion
This chapter was about learning to forgive yourself for past creative undertakings that never came to be, or were abandoned outright. I have quite a few of those under my belt so it wasn't hard to think of any- but it still felt a little sad. I tried to take a little bit more time to have fun for myself this weekend so I didn't get through all of them and missed several days of morning pages for plans that skewed my typical routine (Vaccine, DMV visit yadda yadda).
Week 9 Tasks:
Read your morning pages. - This task was charging me to re-read all of the morning pages that I have written so far. Several observation steps come along with this like highlighting certain things you've said. But I've filled an entire notebook with my pages so I didn't want to read through the whole thing again. I'm also a very self-analyzing person so I've taken note of the things I say anyhow. (actionable items and so forth) so I opted out of doing this one simply for the time sink it would've been.
Visualizing. - Now that you've named your 'True North' of your goals, fully imagine having your goal accomplished, and make a collage based around that completed goal. I didn't collage anything and I wrote a pretty simple true north. I had quite the realization that I didn't want to do anything bigger than make a completed online comic, truthfully. Now that I've had my brush with the animation industry I got cold feet and withdrew my pipe dream of showrunning. I think I'm actually just satisfied with the idea of finishing a story that people like.
Priorities. - List for yourself your creative goals for this year, this month, and this week.
Year - Make a one-shot comic with the characters I developed in college (Cornflower Mouse OR Curtiss Orly)
Month - Drafting/ Writing one of these comics, picking which one. I'd also like to complete some personal projects that I started with a good friend
Week - When I wrote this it was to get all my commissions completed. Which I did :3
Creative U-Turns. - This chapter explains that "U-turns" are projects or things we've gone back on or never completed. You need to name around 5 that you can remember and 1 that just kills you. I'm a pretty impulsive person so this was an easy list for me to come up with- most have different reasons for quitting though. I won't name them all because some are quite personal but the one that just kills me is probably Fiasco, my Pokemon webcomic.
No comments:
Post a Comment