Another busy week. Our house had a lovely guest that we hadn't seen in a long while, an old friend from college who stayed for a bit. Having guests always knocks me out of my typical routine, but the tradeoff is always having a little more fun. The Ants in my kitchen have gone, replaced with some new rugs that I bought a while ago! I really like how they look- they've definitely brightened up my mood considerably the past few grey days.
Week 8: Recovering a Sense of Strength
This chapter was long and busy- I didn't get everything done exactly how it was laid out, and I missed a few days for my morning pages. As I said, I had a guest, and that took more priority over a book that gives me mental exercises. This week was all about exploring how I divvy up my time, what values I place on them, and why. I'm a pretty habitual procrastinator so it was an interesting read.
Week 8 Tasks:
Goal Search. - A set of exercises for naming your goals and dreams, and the steps you can take RIGHT NOW to get closer to them. My goal has pretty much always been just "tell stories through art" so my action was to make a comic soon...um...duh. I've been building to that for several months and I'm very very near my goal. Just a few more things to do first!
New Childhood. - What might you have been like if you'd had a perfect childhood? Most of this was personal and short. I had a fairly decent childhood so the most I could think of was, I don't know. Floam or something?
Color Schemes - Pick a color and write a few sentences describing yourself in the first person. This one was hokey so I won't put all of my writing here. But I picked green, it's my mom's favorite and my new favorite color. The doorways in my house are green, along with some windowpanes. I can't wait for Seattle to get a bit warmer and stop yanking my chain, all of the bulbs and blossoms in the city are itching to bloom but keep getting frozen out, boo! Some very hardy crocus flowers outside my bakery have opened and smell really nice though.
5 Things you are NOT allowed to do. - Make a list of 5 inappropriate things you cannot do (yell at your boss, run around naked, etc etc.) Didn't get to this, maybe stuff my pockets full of product at a candy store? I don't even like candy that much but the visual of me dropping werther's as I run as fast as I can is pretty funny.
Style Search. - List 20 things you would like to do, then run them by a list of parameters. The parameters are long so I won't put them here- I also didn't do that part. I was content with just listing 20 things I like to do. Among them being "Discussion and analysis of media" and "eating food until I pass out, probably."
Ideal day. - Plan a perfect day in your life as it is now. I think my ideal day was very much like a normal day except I didn't have to drive anywhere and I already had ingredients to cook dinner.
Idea Ideal day- Plan a perfect day in your life as you WISH it was. Didn't get around to this.
Festivity. - Choose one festivity from your ideal day and do it. I had a big izakaya dinner with my friends! That was super fun and "eating a big meal with friends" was at the end of my 'Ideal day'.
No comments:
Post a Comment