Pretty fun week. The majority of it was me at work helping out with our new seasonal pastries. There's not much to say outside of that- I've been drawing when I can and having a lot of fun with it! I still haven't done my taxes
Week 10: Recovering a Sense of Self-Protection
Week 10 is all about setting boundaries with yourself and analyzing things that stop you from achieving, like procrastination or fear etc, etc. Knowing you have bad habits is a little different than shining a big spotlight on them and saying "I WILL STOP DOING THIS." so it was helpful in that way. As I've said before though, I'm a pretty self-analytical person already so I've already been made aware of what stops me from doing the stuff I need to do.
Week 10 Tasks:
The Deadlies. - On seven small strips of paper write: alcohol, drugs, sex, work, money, food, family/friends. You will draw these slips of paper out of a jar seven times- for each slip you will write 5 ways in which that subject has negatively impacted your life, then return the slip to the jar and draw again. I got several duplicates when I did this one, and also found out how many different facets of my life some of these affected. I won't be putting them here, obviously. Unless you want to know how much time I waste caramelizing onions.
Touchstones. - Make a quick list of things you love. This one was easy! My list was quick but long. To name only a few I've got: Pretty music CDs, good sound systems, Duma (My cat) purring, getting recipes right, interior design, clothing design in art, when vacuums work really well, buying things online (eBay)
The Awful Truth. - Answering a bunch of questions about bad habits. There's a bunch so um. TLDR: I'm a little lazy and love to procrastinate.
Setting a bottom line. - The set of questions from the previous task is key to this step. The questions help identify bad habits or places in your life that just keep running wild without control (this is mostly work for me) and setting a bottom line is essentially another way of setting boundaries. Give yourself a line you cannot pass or a rule. ie. "No working past 7:00!" I had a few here and there, my biggest one is that I can't interrupt my morning routine by going on my phone anymore. I'll open up Twitter or something and suddenly an hour has gone by. My precious morning time!!!!
I'm getting so close to the end of this challenge... I'm curious what the last few chapters will be. After that, I'm going to put more fun stuff on this blog. It was designed to keep me honest during this challenge though and that's what its job is right now.
No comments:
Post a Comment