Busy week! We've got a guest over for a while, a friend from college. It's been entertaining having her here but my schedule is all loosey-goosey now. Missed one of my dailies but I didn't mind. I also got my debit card replaced this week. Some tasks were to buy stuff so that didn't happen lol. I also met some kittens to potentially adopt this week, but I ended up opting out. It would be so fun but I think I need to be financially stable enough. We also got ants in our kitchen!!! As I said, busy week.
Week 7: Recovering a Sense of Connection
This week is about reconnecting with your creative interests! This actually isn't something that I was lacking. I literally surround myself with books and DVDs and prints of the stuff I like. It's worth it to support creators and my house gets a little more interesting to look around.
Week 7 Tasks:
A mantra. - Write out the phrase "Treating myself like a precious object will make me strong.". Watercolor or calligraph, post where you will see it daily. I forgot about this entirely- I ended up scrawling it in my notebook with a marker on the last day.
Album. - Listen to one side of an album just for joy, draw, or doodle as you do. Consider it precious to you. I didn't do this either. I listen to music a lot when I work and it just never wiggled its way into my schedule. Unless you consider Jerma's Houseflipper series on YouTube an album.
Sacred space. - Take yourself to a sacred place, a library, a grove of trees, a church, wherever you feel good. I went to my favorite izakaya with my friends!
Create a wonderful smell in your house. - I toasted some of the pastries I get from work (before the ants) and that always smells pretty good. It was a twice-baked chocolate croissant.
Wear your favorite item of clothing for no special reason. - I have a pair of pants that I like. I wore them while doing commissions.
Buy yourself a wonderful, comforting item.- She's listed this item as a pair of socks or mittens and the like. Something 'cozy'. I didn't do this because I didn't have my debit card.
Collage. - Buy some magazines and set a 20-minute timer to collage yourself an autobiography. There's a lot more to this prompt but I didn't do it.
List 5 favorite films.- I was supposed to do this exercise QUICKLY. This is often difficult for me because I really like movies and I often list ones that I have most recently seen.
1917, Stardust, Porco Rosso, Pokemon 4ever, The Woodsman. Quite an array.
Name 5 of your favorite topics to read about. - It was a lot of historical topics, I also love horror and expedition documentaries. Medieval sciences/ lifestyle and Cuisine through History. Cool stuff! I mostly listen to podcasts about it though, I haven't read in a while.
Give your college a place of honor. - I didn't do it. I guess I could make a blingee or something lol
No comments:
Post a Comment