A way more lenient week for the halfway point. After my previous busy week grabbing and swapping shifts at work I had a beautiful 5 day weekend to pal around and get to work on commissions. I'm very nearly completed with my entire queue, I'm so excited! After it's completed I'm planning on taking a little bit of a study break to re-familiarize myself with comics and sequential art. My goal is to start drawing up a little one-shot after I announce the cancellation of Fiasco and Wabi Sabi. That being said, with all of my time this week I didn't get all of my tasks done. A fair number of them involved hour-long walks around to pick things up. I did more of the mundane ones, though.
Week 6: Recovering a Sense of Abundance
This week was about money and the difference between financial and creative abundance. I have very set beliefs about money. Especially given that I am of a population that's living through a housing crisis at the current moment as well as having experienced renting through the Covid-19 pandemic and its following 40% housing increase. Things are very very expensive now, and rhetoric that was written in 1992 (when this book came out) isn't necessarily applicable in 2024. So while my overall feeling that capital is ruining the country I live in still stands- it also must live jointly to being a massive factor in keeping me safe, fed, and clothed. Huh! I need money pretty bad!
Week 6 Tasks:
Natural Abundance.- Find 5 pretty or interesting rocks. I didn't do this. I have a habit of doing things on a whim and it produces clutter that I throw away later in frustration. Fun idea though.
Natural Abundance. - Same as the last- find 5 pretty or interesting flowers or leaves. Same thing as before. Also, I live in a rainy city just coming into spring so every flower and leaf is dead, muddy, crushed, or struggling to find purchase in the waning sun.
Clearing.- Throw or give away 5 ratty pieces of clothing. Done and done! A lot of my shirts have barbed wire holes in them anyway. Lots of casualties in fixing fences on the ranch.
Creation.- Bake something! I work at a bakery so this isn't hard for me to do. But I made some paninis at home for my housemates. Garlic cream cheese base with roasted zucchini, sun-dried tomatoes, and mozzarella on a toasted bun! Super good.
![]() |
| Eaten while watching Kung Fu Panda 2 |
Communication. - Send 5 postcards to friends who you miss. I did! This was fun, I like sending mail to people. Handwriting something has more flavor and I actually get to use some of the cool postcards I swipe from different places
Reread the Basic Principals. - This is a list that's located in the book. I forgot to do this lol
Clearing. - Make some new changes to your home environment. I've been trying to save up for some rugs and lamps so I wanted to make it happen this week but something went awry with my first paycheck. So I checked this box off by cleaning my house and changing some sheets. Still nice!
Acceptance. - say yes to freebies! A very sweet commissioner drew me a little something after I had completed their piece. So I saved it to my phone as my terrific little 'freebie'.
Prosperity. - Write about any changes to your financial situation and what you want to do with it. As iterated above my paycheck went a little topsy-turvy this month. Along with that, I replaced my debit card following some suspicious charges. So I lost a little bit of money and time waiting for things to settle. Nothing major, just annoying. I did get fully enrolled in my job's insurance though. Yippee!

No comments:
Post a Comment