Another addition to this! This week was a little more mellow than last since I wasn't starting an entirely new job. I've already gotten the hang of this place- so fast that they've already taken me off training and just given me normal work hours lol. Which I'm glad for! I need to start getting comfortable in my routine again and making some moola.
Week 4: Recovering a Sense of Integrity
This week is about self-definition and introspection. There was a lot of revisiting your childhood and writing out your preferences for life. The task list was long but not too tedious, I liked it. I enjoy talking about where I grew up even if I don't see myself returning there. My artist date this week was to go get groceries. Pretty boring, but I made some beef bowls afterward that ruled supremely.
Week 4 Tasks:
Describe your ideal environment. - I see my ideal environment as a very swank little European town with cobbled streets and lots of greenery. I can walk or bike anywhere I want and there are lots of good places to eat with food from around the world. It's in the country but has the amenities and cool places to hang out that a city does. I live in a small brick house with a wood fireplace and a kitchen with tiles. My cat is there. It made me a little sad to write this one.
Describe yourself at 80.- I can't really imagine that far in the future. I'm pretty good at setting year-long plans but this is a bit much. I'll probably have more tattoos and look a lot like my dad. I hope I pick up music again at some point.
Remember yourself at 8 - A loud little girl with flailing limbs and staticky hair. I caught anything that I could hold in my little hands and put it on the windowsill in front of the kitchen sink. Every minnow I caught died in the sun and every cat was quickly bored to tears after I would sit in the bathroom with them and play my favorite CDs on repeat (I would catch them in the raccoon trap from the garage). I loved to play the fool and entertain my little sister, I would use toys and puppets to act out dramas or stories. I don't have any more photos of myself when I was little.
Turn a place in your home into a personal escape. - This one was too involved. I just washed my sheets and cleaned my room a little.
Another Life pie chart. - This is to compare with the previous one I did. I have to say that it HAS seemed to balance out a bit. I think I'm playing around and enjoying myself more.
Write an artist's prayer. - This one was awkward and also became too long and personal. there's a sample one in the back of the book so I had to reference that. Essentially just a mantra about how your art feels.
Extended Artist Date. - An artist's date that lasts the whole day! I didn't do this. Aside from not having much time to dedicate an entire day to something like this, I was also observing a purchasing strike for the current situation in Palestine so I didn't buy anything (including gas for my car).
Open your closet. - Throw out or donate one low-self-worth outfit. okay.
Look at one situation in your life you should change. Why haven't you? What's the payoff for you staying stuck? - I washed some sheets and clothes. The payoff was that I wasn't washing sheets and clothes lol.
This week involved something called "reading deprivation" where you try your best not to read things all week. And that's not just "going online" it's quite literally reading. Books, newspapers, magazines, threads. I didn't do that because I feel like I'm past social media or other influences pulling me away from my goals. Growing up online gives you a little bit of a thicker skin, at least for me.
No comments:
Post a Comment