Huh! Took an unintended break there for a little bit. Quite a lot has happened since my last Artist's Way back in March. Our house got hit by a huge unexpected utility bill. The oil boiler needed refilled and they gave us 0 heads up. Terrible! Our home is from the 40s so it's not well insulated and saps up heat pretty bad, this has been a reoccurring charge that we're never expecting. There was a scramble but everything's smoothed over now. I'm coming to the sour conclusion that I'll need to continue taking commissions if I want to live comfortably. I'm not very happy about it but I'm going to revise my prices for the easiest time possible in the future. I dread my previous queues that were 10 to 20 long. With all of that said, I did complete week 11 on time, just never made a post about it and held off doing week 12 because of that.
Week 11: Recovering a Sense of Autonomy
I completed these exercises 2 months ago, so this chapter is vague in my mind. It's a self-analysis within our artistic autonomy, and how to nurture and accept ourselves in these ways. There's a special emphasis placed on the ways to actually handle success so as to not sabotage freedom in its wake.
Given how long it's been I'll make this post short. Because I'm lazy and want to start on the tasks for week 12 so I can get this big book off my desk. I liked this chapter because it was mostly a reflection on the rest of the book, and how far you had grown since the beginning. I do feel that I have learned more about myself as a person. But I feel that I lack knowledge of myself as an artist. I feel that is because I draw so infrequently that I consider none of the sessions "stock standard" and all of them feel like I'm being held at gunpoint. That's about all I have to say about this chapter. It was very good! Even if I didn't make it sound like it.
No comments:
Post a Comment