Saturday, December 02, 2023

Smashing a bottle on this blog like a ship's maiden voyage

I've never made a blog before so I'll christen it with this post. I intend for this to be a sketchbook/journal archive that I can access in the future. Recently, within the last few months, I've become intent on collaborating together some kind of record of myself that I can return to. I've also been slowly drifting away from mainstream social media with the exception of private accounts with friends. So I wanted a space that doesn't feel formal and can be accessed chronologically regarding art. I think the biggest focus on this blog is the start of my Artist's Way attempt that I'm planning in 2024! It's a set of exercises in a book by Julia Cameron that take place over about a month and have been highly praised by creatives for restarting their creative path. I've been stuck for a while now due to a million different reasons so. You know. Doesn't hurt to try it.

No comments:

Post a Comment